Questions From Residents

Can I sub-let my property?

It is likely you will require the Management Companies consent. This is rarely withheld but expect it to be conditional on the sub-tenant signing a document to confirm they will abide by the same "rules" as owners. These "rules" can be incorporated within a Tenancy Agreement. In the majority of cases this office can provide without charge a "rider" to be added to Tenancy Agreements to meet this requirement.

The Management Company will wish to address the concerns of other residents that the sub-tenants will not cause problems. They may stipulate that a professional letting agent or solicitor is used to execute any Tenancy Agreement and that suitable references are obtained. This office can provide a reference taking service to a standard accepted by providers of Rent and Legal Protection Insurance. We strongly recommend you obtain insurance to cover rent and legal costs. We can forward brochures if requested to do so. We suggest Key Guard products but there are several alternatives.

More Questions